About Willett PTA
The Willett Elementary PTA mission is to build a community at Willett between our teachers, parents and students and raise funds for programs that enhance the Willett students' learning experience.
PTA funds the following:
- Classroom Support: Reading Aides
- Technology Support: Computer Specialist
- Music Appreciation: Bravo in Class
- Music Participation: Willett Chorus
- Library Support: Books & Periodicals
- Computer Equipment: Chromebook Carts
- Classroom Grants: Science, History, etc.
- Physical Education: Kids in Motion
- Health & Fitness: Challenge Club
- Student Enrichment: Art, Dance
- Nature: Garden of Learning
All of these activities are made possible by the generous support from our community through donations and PTA fundraisers such as eScrip, Auction, the Scholastic Book Fairs, Box Tops for Education, Movie Night, Oscar Night Gala, Fun Run. Please see below for more details.
The PTA holds regular monthly meetings on the third Tuesday of the month that are open to ALL members of the Willett Community.
Community & Fundraising Events for 2016-2017
Willett Family Movie Night: September 9th, 2016
Click HERE to go to event website, learn more and purchase tickets.
- Willett families are invited to come together on the school campus to view a movie under the stars
- The audience will sit on blankets and enjoy a family-friendly film projected on a giant movie screen
- The Hotdogger will be available to purchase dinner and beverages
- Glow sticks, popcorn, cotton candy, and dessert treats will be available for purchase
- There will be a $10 per family suggested donation to help underwrite the cost of the event
Willett 'Farm to Fabulous' Party & Auction: October 15th, 2016
Click HERE to go to event website, learn more, and purchase tickets.
Adults are invited to the Cannery Barn and Farmhouse for Willett’s Fabulous Farm to Fork Auction
- Party goers will enjoy delicious, fresh food, drinks, and entertainment, including:
- Local farm fresh fare prepared by Chef Arturo Vargas of “Taste for the Senses”, along with adult beverages that will include a selection of beer, wine, and a special farmhouse drink
- Games, music, dancing, and a country dessert auction
- A hosted live auction will feature experiences such as get-a-way trips, family-donated child and adult parties, teacher-donated activities, as well as teacher–requested fund-an-items
- There will be a $50 admission fee per adult ($40 early bird); Child care will be available at the CDC
Winter Social and Parent Night Out, February 18th, 2017
- Adults are invited to start a “Parents night out” with a cocktail party hosted by Willett Families
- Each home in the progression will feature a unique Willett themeHor d'oeuvres, finger foods, and drinks will be served
- There will be a $20 suggested donation per couple
- Child care will be available at the CDC
Willett 50th Anniversary Celebration and Open House, April 13th, 2017
- Willett Families are invited to campus for the annual Willett Open House
- In addition to a fantastic visit to each class, we will host a big celebration for Willett’s 50th!
- The annual Willett Student Art Auction will offer works for donation from each Willett classroom
- There will be surprise guests, activities, and treats for the whole family – not to be missed!
Willett Family Fun Run: May 7th, 2017
- Willett Families are invited to join our teachers and staff in the school’s 19th annual Fun Run -- more than 320 runners and walkers participated in 2016 and we are hoping for even more this year
- Runners / walkers will start and finish on the Willett campus, and can choose to participate in the ¼ mile, 1 mile, or 5K event
- After the run, kids can play in the Fun Fair Pogo Tournament, Basketball Knockout, or other fantastic games, and enjoy face-painting, a balloon clown, and other Fair activities
- There will be a $16 entry fee for any distance / any participant and includes a t-shirt and a medal